For 25 years we have traveled the world together, meeting people, asking questions, listening deeply, and working with people from many nations on projects for the benefit of present and future generations.
THESE PRINCIPLES AND CAPACITIES
GUIDE OUR WORK IN THE WORLD
- Identification with all of humanity and not just one nationality, ethnic group, or religion.
- Inclusion of the whole community of life on Earth within our care—not only the human community.
- Awareness of the limitations of our own view of the world, and the openness to respect views other than our own.
- The ability to ask questions and listen to the answers, even if we don’t like what we hear.
- The desire to be advocates of the whole rather than of a single interest group.
- The capacity to build bridges of trust in a world marked by misunderstanding and suspicion.
For brief highlights of our past work, click on Peace Building and Environmental Education.
“ We don’t have to engage in grand heroic action to participate in the process of change. Small acts when multiplied by millions of people can transform the world.”
– Howard Zinn
The Path of the Friend is a project of the Boulder Institute for Nature and the Human Spirit,
a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. 1644 Pearl Street, Boulder, Colorado 80302 USA.